5 April 2010

The Importance of Politics

Those who know me through my "other" work will know that my interest in politics has spread to my children. 

The extent of this was shown last year, previous to the 4th July elections.  Upon being canvassed by a pair of BNP supporters (Why do they always travel in pairs? Is it so that they always have someone to fellate after a tough day's neo nazism?), I chased them off my property with a mini trampette (the most action it has ever seen), whilst The Boy shouted out "You're a nazi and nazis smell of poo."

It is suggested that the reason members of the BNP were elected was because voter apathy was at an all time high, and that combined with disgust at the way that MPs were extorting the public with their expenses claims saw many voters stay inside.  Essentially, these fuckers slipped in through the back door, which is something I believe their glorious leader knows a great deal about.

We are now approaching a general election, believed to be being held on 6th May 2010.

I could type a long list of non policies held by the BNP and why I don't think you should vote for them, but let's be honest, if you vote BNP you're unlikely to be reading this anyway (unless you're the person that keeps sending me Jamaican money and posting those notes through my door, and if you are I rather wish you'd stop.  It's most tiresome.)

I'd prefer to ask that you have ensured that you are registered to vote, and that, having made sure that you have registered, you get yourself to the polling station and exercise your right to vote.

We are so lucky in the UK, we have a proliferation of rights that we take for granted, voting being one of them. 

When you think about not registering, when you consider not voting, when your apathy runs you down and you start to question just how lucky we are, it might serve you to reflect on these ladies.  If ever there were a reason to celebrate women, these chicks would be it.  Just saying.

No comments: