29 March 2011

Poetry

I thought I would a poem about how I am feeling.

First, I studied poetry to ensure that
There would be no confusion
As to whom I was alluding
When I entered turgid allegories
Of fetid, dreary categories
Designed to psycho analyse
Everything.

I worried over use of meter,
Iambic pentameter? Ballad? Heroic couplet?
What length the stanza, and is it even called that?
A verse, a paragraph, the venting of words
Or just an outpouring of verbal turds
On to paper
Who knows.

I examined the structure
Stared hard at the verse
I tried really hard but the words just got worse
There are so many rules to which you have to adhere
So if it's not right will anyone "hear"?
What you're trying to say
Who can tell.

It was time to begin
When I started to write
My thoughts just took flight
And I couldn't think of anything to rhyme
With "you're as much use to me as an armadilo is as a flak jacket"
I had to adjective-fy my nouns and verbify my shiz
So

I thought I would a poem about how I am feeling.
And this is it.


A lassie who wasn't from Hayes
Liked to eat egg mayonnaise
She had a shit time
But in the end she was fine
Once she'd sat for a bit in a daze.

Fin.

No comments: