4 May 2011

On Abstinence Not Making The Heart Grow Fonder

There's always one, isn't there? One idiotic, twat faced shithead who thinks that we should all live by their bullshit fucked up morality, whilst not even being able to attain said morality in their own sad, dire little lives.

The ones who pass judgement on others sexual behaviour whilst entirely ignoring the ethical background of their own.  They're always the loud ones; the gobby ones; the "oooo, look at me" ones. Claiming to be "standing up for women" whilst stabbing the entire gender in the back. They're usually demented Tory MPs for Mid Bedfordshire, claiming to be feminist whilst amply displaying their misogynistic qualities.

As if not satisified with spreading vile, bile fuelled misinformation about abortions and attempting to get it made into law, the target is spreading from any woman of sexual maturity to those below the legal age of consent.

"Abstinence only" is to be added to the sexual education of school children, but only for girls.  This is crass stupidity for many reasons, but I'll let you into a secret here. Women like sex. Yeah. I said it. We like it and we want to do it just as much as men (if not more).  Not only that your sister, mother, daughter, auntie, neice; they all feel the same.

Are you seriously telling me that you woud rather your daughter didn't know the options available to her and be unprepared to potentially be faced with unwanted pregnancy, venereal disease and that old favourite, death? Of course not, you're not stupid.

I'm not denying that I would rather my daughter never had any sexual contact with any one, but she's going to whether I approve or not dammit. I'd rather she knew her options.

If you want to teach something to girls only, how about we teach them how to knee a bloke's dick clean off his groin if he starts waving it around to us in any fashion we find threatening, invasive or inappropriate? Because that's something I could actually get behind and support. 

What say we teach girls that they don't need to weigh two and a half stone, be the conformist societal "norm", be absent of opinion and that, most importantly, regardless of what they do, who they are that to us, they are perfection?  No morality, just support and love where it counts.

The 67 MPs who voted in favour today; make me feel sad inside, and scared for the world my daughter will grow up into.  Let's not make this another thing that we let them do.

1 comment:

Chris McCray said...

Here's the full debate - it took a little over ten minutes and a little further down there's the list of MPs who voted Aye and No.

I'd hope it fails to get any further, and that common sense prevails (though I get the impression with this cocked-up coalition parliament, anything's possible). The second reading is on 20th January 2012 - a long time to wait. It's deeply disturbing the Right-Wing American and sub-Palin-esque methods being used by Dorries to creep crap legislation into the Commons are seeming to work. (Sarah not Michael - though it's more than worthy of a Monty Python sketch).

It seems to me in proposing discrimination in education that this bill would violate The Equality Act 2010? I'm no lawyer, but a brief reading of the summary of the act suggests this to me.